Our school crossing guides continue to deliver an excellent and highly valued service to communities across Edinburgh and we want to make sure this continues.
We are reviewing the current service to make sure we are providing the best possible service and that we have crossing guides where and when we most need them. We have already studied our existing patrol sites; how many people use them, traffic levels and where they are located.
We are now getting feedback from school crossing patrol guides, people using the service and groups including Parent Councils, Head Teachers, Junior Road Safety Officers and Councillors. Community Councils / Neighbourhood Partnership have also been asked to contribute.
We also wish to get the views of Parents and Carers, who may contribute to the Review through the Council’s Consultation Hub, by a specific questionnaire which can be found using this link –
The link is open for contributions and will close on Tuesday 24 April 2018.
We will present a report of the feedback from the consultation in late 2018 to councillors. Councillors will then use this feedback when deciding if any changes should be made to the service.
If you have any questions, please pass these to my colleague Katie Green or myself, Allan Hoad, at the email address email@example.com
Mr Briginshaw, our artist in residence, creates such a creative space for our learners – have a look!
It was lovely to see the pupils back at school this morning – there were many smiles and rosy cheeks. The teachers have reported that the pupils are delighted to be back in class learning.
All Primary 1 and 2 pupils will be dismissed from the infant hall at 2.45pm today. Please wait for your child outside the infant doors (where the pupils entered this morning) and the class teachers will dismiss the pupils from there. Please note that pupils will NOT be dismissed from their classrooms today.
Primary 3 pupils from P2/3 class will be dismissed from the infant hall at 3.05pm. Primary 3a and Primary 3b pupils will be dismissed from their classroom doors.
Primary 4 and Primary 5 pupils will be dismissed at 3.05pm from the main doors at the main building. Please note that these pupils will NOT be dismissed from their classrooms today.
Primary 6 and Primary 7 pupils will be dismissed at 3.05pm from the new building, as normal.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Gilmerton Primary School and The Spinney Lane Nursery School will reopen on Monday 5th March for all pupils and staff. Thank you to George the janitor and his team of dedicated snow helpers for their fantastic work in clearing the access paths and making sure our school is safe to access.
Can Gilmerton families please note the following points:
- All access to the school will be through the entrance gates on Moredun Dykes Road and from The Spinney. We will hope to reopen the Hyvot Loan entrance gate later in the week.
- Please be careful on the surrounding paths around the school and local community as there are still areas of ice and slush.
- Breakfast club will run from 8.00am and can I ask parents not to arrive earlier than this time as staff will be setting up.
- All P1, P2, P2/3 and P3a pupils will gather in the small hall from 8.40am. Please do not send your child to school before this time as it is likely to be cold and wet in the morning.
- All P3b, P4 – P7 pupils will gather in the main hall from 8.40am. Please do not send your child to school before this time as it is likely to be cold and wet in the morning.
- Please make sure that your children are dressed for the snow. We may have children out during break times. We have a very big playground which still has a lot of deep snow!
- Home learning club will run as normal but the pupils will be dismissed from the main entrance doors.
- We will use Parent Pay and twitter to update you on further arrangements over the next few days.
Thank you for all your support last week during the challenging weather and this week as we get back into our school routines.