Gilmerton Primary School and The Spinney Lane Nursery School will reopen on Monday 5th March for all pupils and staff. Thank you to George the janitor and his team of dedicated snow helpers for their fantastic work in clearing the access paths and making sure our school is safe to access.
Can Gilmerton families please note the following points:
- All access to the school will be through the entrance gates on Moredun Dykes Road and from The Spinney. We will hope to reopen the Hyvot Loan entrance gate later in the week.
- Please be careful on the surrounding paths around the school and local community as there are still areas of ice and slush.
- Breakfast club will run from 8.00am and can I ask parents not to arrive earlier than this time as staff will be setting up.
- All P1, P2, P2/3 and P3a pupils will gather in the small hall from 8.40am. Please do not send your child to school before this time as it is likely to be cold and wet in the morning.
- All P3b, P4 – P7 pupils will gather in the main hall from 8.40am. Please do not send your child to school before this time as it is likely to be cold and wet in the morning.
- Please make sure that your children are dressed for the snow. We may have children out during break times. We have a very big playground which still has a lot of deep snow!
- Home learning club will run as normal but the pupils will be dismissed from the main entrance doors.
- We will use Parent Pay and twitter to update you on further arrangements over the next few days.
Thank you for all your support last week during the challenging weather and this week as we get back into our school routines.