THE SCOTTISH THEATRE AND MUSIC SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL FOR 8-14 YEARS.
All Welcome, No experience NECESSARY!
30 SPONSORED SPACES
Come Along and audition for The Scottish Theatre & Music School Fringe Summer School this year and see how much fun it is ! Our summer school this year will be based on our production “Reach for the Stars” which will be performed in the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
We are also excited to announce that we have 30 Free sponsored places for this production, Auditions will be held at St Thomas of Aquins High School on Tuesday the 12th of June – 6pm-9pm and Saturday the 16th of June 10 am – 2pm, to Sign up for your slot, fill in this form –https://goo.gl/forms/xzVSYHAeBI5jEh3I2
“Reach for the stars” is about four directors who go looking for the next big star, will they find them or are there problems ahead?. This fast moving comedy is a brilliant vehicle for younger cast members .This show belts along at a fast pace as the directors put the auditioning actors through their paces. From Little Red Riding Hood to Casualty, we see the would-be talent on display. But this is show business and who will actually become the next big star.
We are looking for young performers to come along and bring this production to life. You to can be part of a fantastic Fringe show!
This course Weekdays from the Monday the 16th – Friday the 20th and Monday 23rd-Friday the 30th of July 9am-3pm
The show dates are Aug 3-12 inclusive,18-19,25-26 at 11:10 at Hill Street Theatre –
Tickets can be purchased from the Fringe box office under “Reach for the Stars” –https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/reach-for-the-stars
For more information you can contact us at edinburghlittletheatre.com or calling us on 07949 973388
All Teachers Are Fully Insured & Disclosure Scotland Certified
The Council is continuing to progress the delivery of a new primary school in south east Edinburgh, within the ‘Broomhills’ housing development site for August 2020. This is a site to the south of Frogston Road East and to the west of Burdiehouse Road.
An information event will take place on Wednesday 20 June 2018 to give those who might attend the school in the future an opportunity to see the latest plans. Anyone from the local community is also welcome to attend.
The event will take place at the Valley Park Community Centre (37 Southhouse Road, EH17 8EU) between 3.30pm and 7pm, when members of the project team will be available. You are welcome to drop-in at any time.
Further background information about the project can be found here: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/newsoutheastschool.
It was lovely to see the pupils back at school this morning – there were many smiles and rosy cheeks. The teachers have reported that the pupils are delighted to be back in class learning.
All Primary 1 and 2 pupils will be dismissed from the infant hall at 2.45pm today. Please wait for your child outside the infant doors (where the pupils entered this morning) and the class teachers will dismiss the pupils from there. Please note that pupils will NOT be dismissed from their classrooms today.
Primary 3 pupils from P2/3 class will be dismissed from the infant hall at 3.05pm. Primary 3a and Primary 3b pupils will be dismissed from their classroom doors.
Primary 4 and Primary 5 pupils will be dismissed at 3.05pm from the main doors at the main building. Please note that these pupils will NOT be dismissed from their classrooms today.
Primary 6 and Primary 7 pupils will be dismissed at 3.05pm from the new building, as normal.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Gilmerton Primary School and The Spinney Lane Nursery School will reopen on Monday 5th March for all pupils and staff. Thank you to George the janitor and his team of dedicated snow helpers for their fantastic work in clearing the access paths and making sure our school is safe to access.
Can Gilmerton families please note the following points:
- All access to the school will be through the entrance gates on Moredun Dykes Road and from The Spinney. We will hope to reopen the Hyvot Loan entrance gate later in the week.
- Please be careful on the surrounding paths around the school and local community as there are still areas of ice and slush.
- Breakfast club will run from 8.00am and can I ask parents not to arrive earlier than this time as staff will be setting up.
- All P1, P2, P2/3 and P3a pupils will gather in the small hall from 8.40am. Please do not send your child to school before this time as it is likely to be cold and wet in the morning.
- All P3b, P4 – P7 pupils will gather in the main hall from 8.40am. Please do not send your child to school before this time as it is likely to be cold and wet in the morning.
- Please make sure that your children are dressed for the snow. We may have children out during break times. We have a very big playground which still has a lot of deep snow!
- Home learning club will run as normal but the pupils will be dismissed from the main entrance doors.
- We will use Parent Pay and twitter to update you on further arrangements over the next few days.
Thank you for all your support last week during the challenging weather and this week as we get back into our school routines.